Thursday, January 31, 2008

Biologically Incorrect: Documentation of Blue Horizons and Beyond!



I started a blog called "Biologically Incorrect" with the intentions of a multi-media documentation of the graduate school experience in the environmental sciences. What got me cranking out blogs (eliminating my phobia of internet-based writing) was my summer 2007 experience with Blue Horizons. Though my blog is currently intertwined with other events and experiences that have happened since then, the bulk has been devoted to Blue Horizons. I have about 67% of the material up, but intend to place the remainder of the information and documentation this quarter. Creating such blogs are useful tools in training for science journalism and are tremendous assets for a resume when marketing oneself for internships, or applying to top-of-the-nation science journalism schools like UC Santa Cruz. Several mainstream science magazines look for quality blogs documenting not only the science and learning process, but also the human experience--giving a face to scientists behind the tecky language and the lab coats! http://www.biologicallyincorrect.blogspot.com/. I am quite ashamed of the blog right now--but shall dramatically improve throughout the quarter! Another website I've been working on is http://iqrquestionreality.googlepages.com/ which was a method of internet-based publishing of an experimental theatrical/screenwriting manuscript I wrote called "Question Reality: An Investigation of Self-Humans-Environment." Still a work in progress...

No comments: